Salem, OR - A 46-year-old man was sentenced Tuesday to life in prison for the shooting death of his wife, a Russian he met online and brought to Oregon.
David Paul Eaton pleaded guilty last month in Marion County Circuit Court to the murder of his 31-year-old wife, Elena Nikolaevna Lobodina Eaton. He shot her in 2012 at their home in Salem during an argument over their pending divorce.
Statesman Journal reports Eaton initially claimed he fired in self-defense but later admitted he put a knife in her hand after she was dead.
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- Whitworth students caught in DC protest
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Airmen blocked access to Trump's inauguration by protesters
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car