Salem, OR - A 46-year-old man was sentenced Tuesday to life in prison for the shooting death of his wife, a Russian he met online and brought to Oregon.
David Paul Eaton pleaded guilty last month in Marion County Circuit Court to the murder of his 31-year-old wife, Elena Nikolaevna Lobodina Eaton. He shot her in 2012 at their home in Salem during an argument over their pending divorce.
Statesman Journal reports Eaton initially claimed he fired in self-defense but later admitted he put a knife in her hand after she was dead.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home