SALEM, Ore. - The manager of a Salem day care who smokes marijuana is confident the state will reinstate the day care's license.
Alphabet Academy Learning Center manager Charity Araujo says she has a medicinal marijuana prescription and is not doing anything wrong.
The state suspended the license because she and other staff members smoke pot while children are at the facility. But, Araujo says she is not allowed to smoke pot in the presence of the children and there must be another adult caregiver present when she's high.
She told KGW, "Stop being so judgmental. It's not like we're running around playing with our kids all high."
She says four employees have medicinal marijuana prescriptions.
- Airmen blocked access to Trump's inauguration by protesters
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time