Salem, OR - A Salem man told police he was shot in the knee while riding his bicycle.
The Marion County Sheriff's Office says deputies got reports of shots fired Wednesday at about 3 a.m. About an hour later, Salem Hospital told them a man arrived with a gunshot wound to his right knee.
The 23-year-old man told investigators he was riding his bicycle when someone from a dark blue sedan started shooting at him.
Detectives are asking any witnesses to come forward, including two bicyclists who helped the victim immediately after he was shot.
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March