Salem, OR - A Salem man told police he was shot in the knee while riding his bicycle.
The Marion County Sheriff's Office says deputies got reports of shots fired Wednesday at about 3 a.m. About an hour later, Salem Hospital told them a man arrived with a gunshot wound to his right knee.
The 23-year-old man told investigators he was riding his bicycle when someone from a dark blue sedan started shooting at him.
Detectives are asking any witnesses to come forward, including two bicyclists who helped the victim immediately after he was shot.
- I-90 closed at Vantage Bridge due to crash
- What's considered low-income in Spokane?
- Former WSU student sentenced to 12 years for drugs
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump