TWIN FALLS, Idaho - south-central Idaho man accused of repeatedly raping and beating a woman and holding her prisoner for 18 months in a booby-trapped home has pleaded not guilty.
The Times-News in a story on Friday reports that 36-year-old Oscar Ayala-Arizmendi made the plea in 5th District Court.
He's charged with first-degree kidnapping, rape and possessing a controlled substance.
Authorities say the woman escaped from the house in Buhl on April 8, and made a report on April 26. Ayala-Arizmendi was taken into custody May 13.
Authorities searched the house near U.S. Highway 30 and reported finding chains and locks mounted to walls and floors, chains on exterior doors, a handgun, and an electrical wire system intended to shock anyone trying to escape.
A trial is set for Nov. 17.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River