IDAHO FALLS, Idaho - A southeast Idaho man has been sentenced to 25 years in prison for physically abusing his 8-week-old daughter.
The Post Register reports in a story on Wednesday that 33-year-old Fernando Lee Naranjo of Blackfoot received the sentence in 7th District Court.
Naranjo pleaded guilty to aggravated battery and injury to a child as part of a plea agreement that dropped a "persistent violator" enhancement.
Judge Darren Simpson sentenced Naranjo to two to 10 years for injuring a child and eight to 15 years for aggravated battery. He'll be eligible for parole after 10 years.
Authorities say the now 6-month-old girl is in the custody of Child Protective Services.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line