Medford, OR - Jackson County sheriff's detectives who were investigating a 65-year-old rural Rogue River woman in an identity theft case now suspect she has killed two people in the last year-and-a-half.
Susan Monica was arraigned Monday in Medford on two counts of murder and corpse abuse as well as one count of identity theft. She was ordered held without bail.
Detective Julie Denney told the Mail Tribune officers were searching Monica's 20-acre ranch Friday when they found evidence of homicide.
Victims were not identified in court documents, but they say one was killed in August 2012 and one last September.
Chief Deputy District Attorney Allan Smith says the case is expected to be brought before a grand jury later this week.
- Airmen blocked access to Trump's inauguration by protesters
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time