FEDERAL WAY, Wash. - Firefighters with ladders rescued six residents from balconies at 2-alarm apartment fire in Federal Way.
Fire alarms went off just before 1 a.m. Friday, and when firefighters arrived flames were coming from a third-floor apartment and through the roof of the Crestview West Apartments.
Residents tell KOMO the evacuation was chaotic and six people on the upper floor were forced onto their balconies by smoke and flames.
No one was injured, except for one person with asthma.
Investigators looking for the cause of the fire are focusing on the kitchen of a third-floor apartment.
The Red Cross says it's helping 91 residents who have been displaced from 27 damaged apartment units.
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March
- Thousands turn out for Women's March on Spokane