THE DALLES, Ore. - Police in The Dalles say a reserve officer who was scheduled to undergo tests in hopes of becoming a full-fledged officer has gone missing.
The Dalles Chronicle reports that 23-year-old Travis Church vanished Friday evening, withdrawing money and taking some of his guns.
Law enforcement officers feared he'd been in a crash in a remote location, so they searched back roads in Wasco County over the weekend.
Then surveillance video turned up showing Church in Boise, Idaho, where he accessed his bank account at an ATM. He appeared to be alone. His Jeep was visible in the video.
The police said they don't know where he was headed.
Sheriff Rick Eiesland says Church has also been a part-time dispatcher for about a year and a half.
- Bloomsday Run adjusts to Riverfront Park's redesign
- 4 Things to Know for April 24th
- Post Falls Police search for two young runaways
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school