KALISPELL, Mont. - Remington Outdoor Co. has announced it is closing a gun barrel manufacturer in northwestern Montana and moving its production to Huntsville, Alabama.
Remington spokesman Teddy Novin told the Flathead Beacon on Thursday that the Montana Rifleman in Kalispell is one of several company plants that are closing, with their work being consolidated at its Alabama facility.
Remington purchased Montana Rifleman in March 2013.
Montana Rifleman was founded in 1990. It produced 143,000 rifle and pistol barrels in 2011. In 2012, the plant produced more than 312,000 barrels and had a workforce of between 160 and 170.
- Bloomsday Run adjusts to Riverfront Park's redesign
- 4 Things to Know for April 24th
- Post Falls Police search for two young runaways
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school