Helena, MT - Former U.S. Rep. Denny Rehberg says he has decided not to try a political comeback in 2014.
The Montana Republican told Lee Newspapers of Montana on Monday that he wants to focus on family, friends and business."
Earlier this month, Rehberg said he was keeping his options open for a possible campaign to recapture the U.S. House seat he gave up to challenge Sen. Jon Tester in 2012.
After losing that race, Rehberg became a co-chairman of a Washington-based public strategy firm and this week opened his first Burger King franchise in Billings.
Current U.S. Rep. Steve Daines is running for U.S. Senate.
Four Republicans and a Democrat say they are running for the House seat in 2014.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line