CHUBBUCK, Idaho - Officials in eastern Idaho say a refrigerated skating rink is scheduled to open in mid-December in Chubbuck following thousands of hours of volunteer work by the local community.
Chubbuck Pocatello Hockey Association President Jim DiSanza tells the Idaho State Journal that workers in July started putting in and connecting 10 miles of pipe.
Crews earlier this week spread 14 truckloads of sand 2 inches deep over the 16,500-square foot rink.
A Portneuf Healthcare grant of $40,000 helped pay for a giant compressor involved in keeping water frozen.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting