MEDFORD, Ore. - The National Weather Service has issued a red flag warning for Southern Oregon as thunderstorms are expected to strike bone-dry terrain.
The warning remains in effect through Tuesday evening. The warning covers the eastern Rogue Valley western Rogue Basin, including the Illinois Valley, Siskiyou Mountains, the Southern Oregon Cascades, Klamath Basin and Fremont-Winema National Forest.
The Weather Service says the thunderstorms are unlikely to produce much rainfall. Winds could gust up to 50 mph, setting the table for potentially explosive wildfire growth.
- Security upped following Manito Park shooting
- Safety tips for people heading outdoors over Memorial Day weekend
- Three killed and several injured in Grant County crash
- DUI arrests still high even with millions using ride apps
- Washington second largest wine producing region in U.S.
- City of Spokane launches Fix-it-Fest 2017