MARBLEMOUNT, Wash. - North Cascades National Park says a helicopter took off Thursday morning from Marblemount with two rangers on board hoping to make a quick recovery of the body of a skier killed in an avalanche on Mount Shuksan.
Ranger Rosemary Seifried says they hoped to complete the recovery in the cool of the morning before the avalanche danger increases again.
A Seattle man in his 40s was killed Wednesday when he was swept more than 2,000 feet by a snow slide. He was skiing with a 37-year-old Seattle man who avoided the avalanche and called for help.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line