RAYMOND, Wash. - Pacific Transit buses have a reader board setting for drivers to call for help that reads, "Emergency, call police."
A driver accidentally scrolled to the emergency message Monday as a transit bus was driving from Aberdeen to Raymond and witnesses called 911. Police, Pacific County sheriff's deputies and Washington State Patrol troopers pulled the bus over on Highway 101 near Raymond.
KBKW reports there were about a dozen passengers on board.
An hour-long search of the bus revealed the driver had inadvertently tripped the warning message.
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'