Hamilton, MT - Ravalli County's attorney and auditor says he will launch an investigation into the treasurer's office.
Bill Fulbright said Wednesday the investigation will include an independent audit of the office's accounts, funds and financial records. It also will include an investigation into allegations made by Treasurer Valerie Stamey during a county commission meeting Tuesday.
Since Stamey was appointed in September, the office lost three employees who questioned Stamey's qualifications and ability to do the work.
Since then, there have been delays in processing records and disbursing tax money to government entities.
Stamey said there is a campaign to destroy her character and she blamed her predecessors and some county commissioners for the problems.
Fulbright says he is working to engage the appropriate individuals and firms to carry out the investigation.
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car