TWIN FALLS, Idaho - Two inmates at the Twin Falls County Jail are facing charges following the beating of a murder suspect also housed at the jail.
The Times-News reports that 27-year-old Spencer Coy Vulgamore of Castleford and 29-year-old James Russell Hunt-Pyeatt of Buhl were each charged Friday with felony aggravated battery causing great bodily harm.
Authorities say 41-year-old Glenn Tures sustained fractures to both cheek bones, right eye socket, nasal bone and to his back in the Sept. 5 attack.
Police say that Tures on Aug. 24 entered the Twin Falls Police Department and on his own volition confessed to the strangling death of 20-year-old Anessia Shaye Winterholer of Twin Falls.
Court documents say deputies reported learning of what they describe as a hit out for Tures in the jail because of the killing.
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday
- 80-year-old woman dies in northern Idaho house fire
- Mexico club shooting: Spokane woman one of the injured