LEWISTON, Idaho - A northern Idaho prosecutor says he doesn't plan to refile charges against a Nez Perce Tribal Police officer involved in a 2011 car chase and shooting that killed a Lewiston man.
Lewis County Prosecutor Zachary Pall tells the Lewiston Tribune on Thursday he was disappointed a voluntary manslaughter charge was dismissed last month against 31-year-old Robert S. Wall.
But he says he felt it was critical to have the court system make a determination and have a public process.
Wall was charged in February in connection to the shooting death of 46-year-old Jeffrey A. Flinn of Lewiston. Flinn led police on 50-mile car chase in a stolen truck in November 2011.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home