TACOMA, Wash. - Authorities say a propane leak was responsible for an explosion Wednesday night that injured three people in Lakewood.
The News Tribune reports West Pierce Fire and Rescue spokeswoman Jenny Weekes says it's unclear whether the three people were living in the camper where the explosion occurred.
Weekes says the camper was in the backyard of a residence.
The three suffered burns and were taken to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, authorities said. They were all listed in satisfactory condition Thursday morning.
Lakewood Police were investigating and had said on Twitter there was nothing suspicious about the incident.
- End is in sight for Airway Heights water crisis
- Daughter of Spokane officer charged in kidnapping
- Bicyclist suffers life-threatening injuries after being hit by car
- 3 people shot and wounded in Spokane last weekend
- Arrest of man on mental health hold turns violent
- STA launches new route through Spokane Valley