PORT ANGELES, Wash. - A man charged with domestic violence assault was accidentally released from the Clallam County Jail Tuesday afternoon and deputies are still looking to recapture him, officials said.
Lavan Lukes, 35, was being held on $5,000 bail for a charge of fourth degree assault, but upon his court appearance, was released along with several other prisoners being out processed from the jail, said Ron Sukert with the Clallam County Sheriff's Office.
Lukes has yet to be found, and officials have notified his alleged victims of his release. Meanwhile, a warrant has been issued for his arrest.
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity
- New report says Spokane spends $1M on cops in schools
- Spokane man splits top prize in television reality show
- A robot that picks apples? Replacing humans worries some