PORTLAND, Ore. - Court documents show a change of plea hearing has been scheduled for Irina Walker, the Romanian princess accused of participating in a cockfighting ring in rural Oregon.
Federal prosecutor Stephen Peifer confirmed that Walker is scheduled to plead guilty, but declined further comment. Walker's lawyer, Per Ramfjord, was out of the office Thursday and did not return a message.
Irina Walker has lived in Oregon for many years. She's the third daughter of former Romanian King Michael I.
Authorities say she and her husband, John, staged at least 10 cockfighting derbies between April 2012 and April 2013. They were charged with unlawful animal fighting, conspiracy to violate the animal welfare act and operating an illegal gambling business.
They both have change of plea hearings scheduled for July 16 in Portland.
- Skeletal remains in Idaho badger den are from 2 children
- 4 Things To Know For Tuesday, April 25
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved