LEWISTON, Idaho - A potentially explosive device has been defused and taken in as evidence in Lewiston.
Police responded to reports of a strange object in the road just before 1 a.m. Wednesday in the 2100 block of Birch Avenue.
The Lewiston Police Department says officers located three chunks of concrete placed on top of a small cylindrical object wrapped in black electrical tape.
The area surrounding the device was secured, and the Spokane County Sheriff's Department's Explosives Disposal Unit was requested.
They responded and were able to successfully defuse the device.
The incident is still under investigation. Anyone with information is asked to call the Lewiston Police Department at (208) 746-0171, or the Anonymous Tip Line at (208) 298-3939.
- Preparing for potential flooding
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods