PORTLAND, Ore. - Portland Mayor Charlie Hales has tweeted a challenge to critics accusing the city of spending taxpayer money on pet projects.
Hales tweeted, "If you can find misspent money in my budgets, I'll show up on your doorstep with $10 and a TV reporter."
KATU reports Hales was upset after being criticized for the city's street fee plan.
The mayor's spokesman says challenges will be reviewed by the independent city attorney and budget office.
- Airmen blocked access to Trump's inauguration by protesters
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time