Portland, OR - Some northeast Portland residents say the Gable Funeral Home has been a good neighbor until it recently sold and the new owner began cremations.
Residents told KOIN the crematorium fires up two or three times a day, six days a week. They've complained about noise and smoke that they compare to the exhaust from a diesel truck.
The Department of Environmental Quality says the funeral home smoke complies with state law. The city is investigating a noise complaint.
- Bloomsday Run adjusts to Riverfront Park's redesign
- 4 Things to Know for April 24th
- Post Falls Police search for two young runaways
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school