PORT ANGELES, Wash. - A totem pole is standing again outside a performance hall at Peninsula College in Port Angeles.
It was rededicated Tuesday after a three-year restoration by Terry Johnson, nephew of the Jamestown S'Klallam artist Brick Johnson who created it in 1971.
The Peninsula Daily News reports it was removed in 2011 to permit construction of the new Maier Performance Hall.
The pole features an eagle, whale, wolf and medicine man.
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'