BELLEVUE, Wash. - William Lyon Homes has announced it is acquiring Bellevue-based Polygon Northwest for $520 million in cash.
The Seattle Times reports that Polygon has built nearly 16,000 homes in the Seattle and Portland, Oregon, areas since 1991. The new owners say they will keep the Polygon brand name and its 130 employees.
The sale was announced Monday. After it goes through sometime in the third quarter, William Lyon will control more than 18,000 lots in the West, 2,169 of them in the Seattle area.
Chief Executive Bill Lyon said William Lyon Homes, based in Newport Beach., Calif., has been looking to get into the Northwest market for a long time.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River