IDAHO FALLS, Idaho - A southeastern Idaho woman police say shot a .45-caliber pistol into the air while in a bedroom with a 5-year-old girl has been taken into custody.
Police tell the Post Register that officers responded about 1 a.m. Sunday after the girl called 911 and reported having witnessed the woman shoot herself.
But police say the Idaho Falls woman discharged a round into the air and answered the door when police arrived.
The woman is charged with unlawful possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and felony injury to a child.
The woman on Tuesday was being held in the Bonneville County Jail on $15,000 bail.
It's unclear if she has an attorney.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults