LEWISTON, Idaho - Officers in northern Idaho didn't have much trouble resolving a stolen vehicle case after the missing car drove by while police were taking a report from the owner.
According to reports, Dianne E. Blazer of Lewiston noticed her 2003 Nissan Sentra had been stolen overnight and was talking with police at 9:30 a.m. Thursday when an officer noticed the car driving down the street.
The officer ran after the vehicle and ordered the driver to stop. Chon E. Tackett of Coeur d'Alene told police he didn't remember how he got the vehicle and was trying to find a friend's house.
Tackett, who is 30, was arrested for possession of a stolen vehicle and driving under the influence.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home