BUHL, Idaho - Law enforcement agencies in south-central Idaho are searching for a Buhl man police say shot at officers responding to a domestic disturbance early Tuesday morning, injuring one of them.
Twin Falls County Sheriff's Department spokeswoman Lori Stewart says police are looking for 40-year-old Victor Soria, who is 5-foot-4 and 130 pounds.
Police say Soria fired from inside a residence when a Buhl police officer and Twin Falls County sheriff's deputy arrived at about 2:40 am.
Stewart says the Buhl officer was pierced by a foreign object and treated and released at a hospital. The nature of the officer's injury hasn't been released.
Stewart tells The Associated Press that police have not identified the object that struck the officer, and don't know if it's a bullet fragment or some other material.
- Ferguson files lawsuit over sexual harassment of farmworkers
- Man ejected from truck found dead at scene
- Escaped inmate located and taken into custody
- 4 Things To Know For April 26
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns