BUHL, Idaho - A Buhl man police say shot at officers responding to a domestic disturbance in south-central Idaho early Tuesday morning has been taken into custody in Utah.
Twin Falls County Sheriff's Department spokeswoman Lori Stewart says Utah County authorities took 40-year-old Victor Soria into custody Tuesday afternoon without incident after spotting his vehicle.
Police say that at about 2:40 a.m. Soria fired from inside a residence when a Buhl police officer and Twin Falls County sheriff's deputy arrived.
Stewart says Buhl Officer Benny Torres received a piercing injury in the buttocks and was treated and released at a hospital.
Stewart says police have not identified the object that struck Torres. Stewart says police didn't fire their weapons.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line