IDAHO FALLS, Idaho - Eastern Idaho authorities say a traffic stop on Interstate 15 led to one of the largest seizures of marijuana in Bingham County history.
Police in Blackfoot say an officer with a drug sniffing dog on Saturday found 152.3 pounds of marijuana in a vehicle driven by 29-year-old Pao Xiong Xiong of Sacramento, Calif.
The Post Register reports Wednesday that Xiong has been charged with trafficking in marijuana. He's being held in the Bingham County Jail on $50,000 bail.
Authorities say Blackfoot Police Cpl. Chad Braswell and his K-9 partner, Moxie, found the marijuana in a hidden compartment in a 2014 Chrysler 300.
Braswell and Moxie placed second last year in a statewide search competition among K-9 teams.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line