Portland, OR - A SWAT team is searching a wooded area south of Portland for a missing 13-year-old girl.
The Clackamas County sheriff's office says Samantha Dodson was last seen Tuesday at her Oregon City home. It's believed she willingly left with Kelsey McCune, a transient who is a friend of Samantha's father and spent Thanksgiving with the Dodson family.
The team went to Newell Creek Canyon on Thursday because it's near Dodson's home and popular with homeless campers.
Dodson is 5 foot 4 and 125 pounds, with brown eyes and dyed red hair.
McCune is 6 feet tall and 170 pounds. He has a glass eye and salt-and-pepper hair.
Though he has no known address, McCune makes money doing freelance computer work. Police say he may be carrying large duffel bags.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position