Portland, OR - A SWAT team is searching a wooded area south of Portland for a missing 13-year-old girl.
The Clackamas County sheriff's office says Samantha Dodson was last seen Tuesday at her Oregon City home. It's believed she willingly left with Kelsey McCune, a transient who is a friend of Samantha's father and spent Thanksgiving with the Dodson family.
The team went to Newell Creek Canyon on Thursday because it's near Dodson's home and popular with homeless campers.
Dodson is 5 foot 4 and 125 pounds, with brown eyes and dyed red hair.
McCune is 6 feet tall and 170 pounds. He has a glass eye and salt-and-pepper hair.
Though he has no known address, McCune makes money doing freelance computer work. Police say he may be carrying large duffel bags.
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'
- Humane Society volunteer wins award for shelter