BREMERTON, Wash. - Police in Washington state say a man suspected of taking $9,200 worth of clubs and other merchandise from the pro shop at Gold Mountain Golf Course had no criminal history, but appears to be addicted to golf.
Bremerton police detectives spotted some of the stolen gear for sale online and arrested the suspect Wednesday in Kirkland.
Police Chief Steve Strachan said in a news release that robberies are often the result of addictions, but this is the first one police have seen "that looks like a golf addiction."
The Kitsap Sun reports other property that was stolen from the pro shop on Memorial Day was recovered from the suspect's apartment.
- New report says Spokane spends $1M on cops in schools
- Spokane man splits top prize in television reality show
- A robot that picks apples? Replacing humans worries some
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Naked man arrested in community college women's bathroom
- 4 Things to Know for April 28th