KENT, Wash. - Police in Kent say a pregnant woman set herself on fire, and that her nearly full-term child died soon after delivery.
KOMO-TV reports that the 34-year-old woman is in critical condition following her actions Sunday night. She was rushed to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, where the child was delivered.
The King County Medical Examiner says the infant lived for about two hours and then died of asphyxia.
Police are investigating but say it's not clear that charges against her will be pursued if she survives her injuries.
- Safety tips for people heading outdoors over Memorial Day weekend
- Three killed and several injured in Grant County crash
- DUI arrests still high even with millions using ride apps
- Washington second largest wine producing region in U.S.
- City of Spokane launches Fix-it-Fest 2017
- WSU issues reminder to leave young wildlife alone