FEDERAL WAY, Wash. - Authorities in western Washington state say police shot and killed a 21-year-old man who approached them with a knife at a mobile home park on Saturday night.
Authorities say police responded to the Camelot Square mobile home park in Federal Way at about 5:40 p.m. on a report of domestic violence involving two brothers.
Authorities say family members locked themselves in one of the rooms and police helped them escape through a window.
Police say the 21-year-old man armed with a knife made suicidal statements as he approached officers and two officers fired.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene. His name hasn't been released.
The officers have been placed on administrative leave while the shooting is investigated.
- Safety tips for people heading outdoors over Memorial Day weekend
- Three killed and several injured in Grant County crash
- DUI arrests still high even with millions using ride apps
- Washington second largest wine producing region in U.S.
- City of Spokane launches Fix-it-Fest 2017
- WSU issues reminder to leave young wildlife alone