IDAHO FALLS, Idaho - A member of a Celtic rock band police say used a mandolin case to strike his bandmate in the face following a performance is facing a charge of aggravated battery.
Thirty-eight-year-old Samuel Cottrell of the Utah-based band Swagger was booked into the Bonneville County Jail in eastern Idaho on Tuesday and released Wednesday.
Police say Cottrell and the bandmate started arguing while loading equipment into a vehicle following a March 15 performance at The Celt Pub & Grill in Idaho Falls.
Idaho Falls Police spokeswoman Joelyn Hansen says the bandmate reported the incident on March 16, and an arrest warrant for Cottrell was issued on April 14.
Hansen says the bandmate was treated at a hospital for facial injuries the day of the incident.
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday
- 80-year-old woman dies in northern Idaho house fire