POCATELLO, Idaho - An eastern Idaho man who police say pulled a knife on a 15-year-old boy, grabbed a baby from a woman and then reached for a gun when officers arrived was subdued by police using stun guns.
The Idaho State Journal reports that Damien McIntosh was taken into custody Wednesday at a Pocatello home and was being held in the Bannock County Jail on a charge of aggravated assault.
Pocatello Police Lt. Paul Manning says officers responded to the home after a report of a baby abduction.
Police say McIntosh handed the child back to a woman and retreated into the home when officers arrived.
Manning says McIntosh ran into the house and reached for a gun, causing police to use stun guns.
- I-90 over Snoqualmie Pass closed all day, night
- Man killed in weekend officer-involved shooting identified
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting