FERNDALE, Wash. - Police say a man who attempted to rob a minimart in Ferndale got away with only a lighter.
The Bellingham Herald reports that a man in his 20s entered the Ferndale Mini Market just past midnight on Monday with his hand tucked into his coat pocket, as if he had a weapon concealed.
Ferndale Police Lt. Matt Huffman says the man told the clerk to hand over money. The clerk refused, dumbfounding the robber.
Huffman says the clerk told the would-be robber to leave the store. He did, but before leaving he swiped a Bic lighter.
- Preparing for potential flooding
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods