FERNDALE, Wash. - Police say a man who attempted to rob a minimart in Ferndale got away with only a lighter.
The Bellingham Herald reports that a man in his 20s entered the Ferndale Mini Market just past midnight on Monday with his hand tucked into his coat pocket, as if he had a weapon concealed.
Ferndale Police Lt. Matt Huffman says the man told the clerk to hand over money. The clerk refused, dumbfounding the robber.
Huffman says the clerk told the would-be robber to leave the store. He did, but before leaving he swiped a Bic lighter.
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'