AMBOY, Wash. - Authorities say a man was accidentally shot with his own handgun in southwestern Washington.
The Clark County Sheriff's Office said in a news release that deputies responded to a home in Amboy Tuesday for an accidental shooting.
Deputies say they arrived and found a 63-year-old man with a gunshot wound.
Authorities say he had been sitting with his 9mm gun in his front pocket and that the gun slipped out of his pocket when he stood up.
As it hit the floor, the sheriff's office says the gun discharged one round, striking the man in the hip and exiting through the front of his leg.
The man was taken to a local hospital and treated for the injury, which authorities say was not life-threatening.
The sheriff's office says no criminal charges are being filed.
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car