BOISE, Idaho - A southwest Idaho man police say hit a repossession agent with the pickup truck being repossessed and then fled from police is facing two felony charges.
Forty-six-year-old Earle Edward Vine on Tuesday was being held in the Ada County Jail on charges of aggravated battery and eluding police.
Police in Garden City say that on Monday Vine became violent and ran his pickup into a person trying to repossess it.
Police say an officer then spotted Vine driving recklessly at about 3:50 p.m., but Vine fled. Police ended the pursuit due to safety concerns.
A short time later, police received a report of a truck crashed into a light pole, and witnesses pointed police toward Vine.
The repossession agent was taken to an area hospital. The person's injuries weren't released.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position