GARDEN CITY, Idaho - Authorities in southwest Idaho say a man died Monday morning after driving to the Garden City police station where he exchanged shots with officers before crashing into the building.
Authorities say police in Eagle pursued a Dodge Durango into Garden City at about 2 a.m. where officers from that city and Boise began following the vehicle.
Police say the man drove to the Garden City police station where he was confronted by four officers, two from Boise and two from Garden City, and brandished a gun.
Garden City Police Chief Rick Allen says that after firing shots, the man accelerated and crashed into the building.
Police say the man died at the scene but the cause of death hasn't been released. The man's name also hasn't been released.
Allen says no officers were injured.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults