BREMERTON, Wash. - Police in Bremerton, Wash., say the man they arrested in Wednesday's bank robbery of a Key Bank branch robbed the same bank -- and the same teller -- three years ago.
Police Chief Steve Strachan says 24-year-old Joshua Driskell was just released from prison a month ago after serving time for his robbery conviction in the Sept. 24, 2010, holdup.
As the chief put it, "You simply cannot make this stuff up" and he adds, "While it may seem a little funny, it was deadly serious to the victims at the bank."
Police say Driskell took a cab to the 2010 robbery. A getaway driver was waiting for the robber in Wednesday's holdup. Police had photos of both the suspect and the car.
No one was hurt.
- I-90 semi crash closes westbound lanes
- Spokane officer identified in Sunday shooting
- Senator to reporter: "None of your business" when education plan will be ready
- Eastbound Snoqualmie Pass lanes to open at 4 p.m.
- Westbound I-90 reopened at Fourth of July Pass
- Popular alt-right figure Milo Yiannopoulos cancels WSU appearance