GARDEN CITY, Idaho - A 38-year-old homeless man is in custody after police say he pulled a knife on two young sisters on the Boise River Greenbelt in southwest Idaho.
Garden City Police say Tommie Salmon at about 2 p.m. Wednesday pulled the knife on the girls ages 10 and 12, who ran away and were not hurt.
The girls told police that Salmon waved the knife at them in an agitated state.
Police say they found Salmon in a makeshift campsite and that he made incriminating statements.
Salmon faces two counts of felony aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
He's being held in the Ada County Jail.
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'
- Humane Society volunteer wins award for shelter