WOODLAND, Wash. - Authorities have released the identity of a homicide victim found dead in his burning home in the southwest Washington town of Woodland this week.
The Cowlitz County Sheriff's Office says the man was 62-year-old Donald William Howard. Investigators haven't yet released information about how he was killed.
Howard was found dead when crews responded to a fire at his home early Tuesday.
Authorities said the fire was deliberately set. They've asked anyone who may have had contact with him Sunday or Monday, or who might have other information about the case, to contact them.
- Police arrest convicted felon with citizen's help
- End is in sight for Airway Heights water crisis
- Daughter of Spokane officer charged in kidnapping
- Bicyclist suffers life-threatening injuries after being hit by car
- 3 people shot and wounded in Spokane last weekend
- Arrest of man on mental health hold turns violent