WOODLAND, Wash. - Authorities have released the identity of a homicide victim found dead in his burning home in the southwest Washington town of Woodland this week.
The Cowlitz County Sheriff's Office says the man was 62-year-old Donald William Howard. Investigators haven't yet released information about how he was killed.
Howard was found dead when crews responded to a fire at his home early Tuesday.
Authorities said the fire was deliberately set. They've asked anyone who may have had contact with him Sunday or Monday, or who might have other information about the case, to contact them.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position