PORTLAND, Ore. - The authorities have released the names of a Korean couple who were among nine people killed in a bus crash on Interstate 84 in Eastern Oregon.
Oregon State Police Lt. Gregg Hastings identified the pair Wednesday as 67-year-old Oun Hong Jung and his 63-year-old wife, Joong Wha Kim. The couple had been staying with relatives in Bothell, Wash.
The crash occurred as the bus was returning to Vancouver, British Columbia, on the final leg of a nine-day tour of the western United States. The trip was organized by a British Columbia travel agency. Most of the passengers were Korean.
The cause of the crash has yet to be released.
State transportation officials say the crash was Oregon's deadliest since October 1971.
- I-90 closed at Vantage Bridge due to crash
- What's considered low-income in Spokane?
- Former WSU student sentenced to 12 years for drugs
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump