BOISE, Idaho - An Idaho man who spent time in prison for a drunken crash that killed his four-year-old stepdaughter is on the run.
KTVB reports David Persons received a ten-year sentence in September for vehicular manslaughter.
A judge opted to suspend it early after Persons completed prison treatment programs, and he was released in March.
But police say he hasn't been checking in with his probation officer, sparking a hunt for the now-fugitive.
Four-year-old Pearl Sittner died in 2012 after her stepfather's vehicle veered off an embankment and plunged into the Arrowrock Reservoir.
Persons escaped along with a woman and two children, but Pearl drowned before anyone could reach her.
Police say the fugitive may be in the Boise area, and urged anyone who knows where he is to contact authorities.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday