CHUBBUCK, Idaho - A 5-year-old eastern Idaho girl has died after being shot by another child in what police say appears to be an accident.
Lt. Bill Guiberson of the Chubbuck Police Department says the girl died Wednesday.
Police say emergency workers responded to a Chubbuck home at about 3 p.m. and took the girl to Portneuf Medical Center in Pocatello, where she died a few hours later.
Names have not been released and police are investigating.
- I-90 semi crash closes westbound lanes
- Spokane officer identified in Sunday shooting
- Senator to reporter: "None of your business" when education plan will be ready
- Eastbound Snoqualmie Pass lanes to open at 4 p.m.
- Westbound I-90 reopened at Fourth of July Pass
- Popular alt-right figure Milo Yiannopoulos cancels WSU appearance