SALEM, Ore. - Authorities say an explosive device that went off inside a portable toilet during a softball tournament and injured a woman was likely intended as a prank.
The 40-year-old woman suffered minor injuries when the device went off Saturday at the International School of Beaverton in a Portland suburb.
A short time later a second explosive device went off inside a mailbox just down the road.
Police believe both explosions were intended as pranks and that the devices were made with materials available at grocery stores.
Police evacuated and searched the area. They do not believe the injured woman was intentionally targeted.
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car
- Don't leave valuable property in your car