CALDWELL, Idaho - Authorities in southwestern Idaho say a burglary suspect was shot after a confrontation with police.
The man, who has not yet been identified, was taken to a local hospital after getting shot on Friday.
According to law enforcement officials, officers and a SWAT team spent several hours searching a blocked-off neighborhood after receiving a report of man trying to break into a Caldwell home.
The suspect was allegedly found holed inside a house and ordered to come out without his weapon.
Caldwell Police Chief Frank Wyant says the man was shot when he left the house, but it's unclear if he had a gun or fired at officers.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday