NAMPA, Idaho - A 19-year-old Nampa man police say they found on the roof of a burglarized pawnshop with items that included an AR-15 carbine has been taken into custody.
Police tell the Idaho Statesman (http://bit.ly/MfWSgt) that Olin Vickers was taken into custody at about 3 a.m. Wednesday.
Police say they responded to a burglar alarm at the pawnshop but didn't see any forced entry.
Once inside, police say they found signs that someone had broken in, including a whole in the roof in the back of the building.
Police say the items Vickers carried he had pawned at the shop, except for the AR-15.
Vickers was being held in the Canyon County Jail.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position