AUBURN, Wash. - Authorities say they have made an arrest in the case of a 17-year-old boy who was shot to death in his car south of Seattle.
Auburn police said Monday in a news release that a juvenile male had been arrested and booked into a juvenile detention center. Police say they also recovered the handgun they believe was used in the shooting.
The teen was pronounced dead Friday after medics arrived at the scene on a street in Auburn.
Police said at the time the boy was shot several times and that they shooting may have been gang-related.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Safety tips for people heading outdoors over Memorial Day weekend
- Three killed and several injured in Grant County crash
- DUI arrests still high even with millions using ride apps
- Washington second largest wine producing region in U.S.
- City of Spokane launches Fix-it-Fest 2017
- WSU issues reminder to leave young wildlife alone